I never thought this famous quote would apply to Toilet Training Twins. But as the twins now reach 2.5 years they are still not fully toilet trained and alas as much as my mother and I have purchased:
- 5 potties of size, comfort, colour and design;
- 2 Toilet inserts (one to fit under the set and over);
- Tens of tens of quality training pants from hand sewn design from etsy, cheap towling from China, teeny-weeny undies from Big W, pull up nappy pants to absolutely bare bottoms;
- I spent a small fortune on charts, videos, books (Dumpy and the Gang), iPad Apps, and bribery like stickers and chocolate;
- I have made up songs and danced around the bathroom chanting “poo poo in the potty” and made every sound of concentration, clapping and encouragement of support;
- Grumbled at my own inadequacies as I am reminded I was toilet trained at 21 months and colleagues and friends children were defiantly toilet trained by 2…
Now I just accept it doesn’t matter what I do (except install one of those fantastic tiny toilets from kindy) that if the child is not ready, it doesn’t matter on what aids you can buy sometimes you just got to wait and then “miraculously” you can say, “My child was toilet trained” in 48 hours just like the promotional material tells you. Any tips on toilet training twins?