Last weekend I dropped into the Brisbane Franchising Expo and Business Opportunities at the Convention Centre to meet some like mind individuals who have that dream and drive to be a master of their own opportunities. As a new Consultant to a multi level marketing (MLM) company I was also on a mission to compare the franchise business model by meeting with exhibitors and the people seeking business opportunities.
Broadly there are quite a few benefits and similarities between a buying a franchise and enrolling in a MLM company.
They both share the same benefits to you:
- Access to a Brand and Trade Mark recognised in the market.
- There are immediate benefits of tapping into national and international marketing strategies. The customer most likely is loyal to a brand and knows the quality of the product. Examples are McDonalds or The Coffee Club Franchises and Tupperware and Isagenix MLM Companies.
- Duplicable Operating System.
- The franchise institutionalises products, services and delivery. The Supply Chain from product to market is already optimised and the Franchises and MLM companies benefit from larger buying power that a smaller independent competitor would have difficulty negotiating.
- Support Systems
- Franchises and MLM companies invest in coaching, training, events, and rewards for franchisees and distributors to help improve performance and sales.
So why would I prefer a MLM business opportunity over a Franchise? Tomorrow I will share with you what the significant differences and disadvantages between a Franchise and a top MLM Company.
What has been your business experience in owning your own franchise or distributor for a top MLM company?