When you start out practicing Affirmations you may ask Do Affirmations Work or are they just nonsense positive thinking mantras?
The premises of the Law of Attraction is what you think is what you get. The mind doesn’t know what is real or what is fantasy so why not fill it with positive affirmations?
Repetition is the secret to Affirmations. These are my tips to get your affirmations working and part of your life every day until you start to see words shaping your reality:
- Write your own affirmations in the present tense or to kick-start your thoughts go and order one of Louise Hay’s beautiful Affirmation card decks from the hayhouse.com.au.
- Wake up each day and say an affirmation as you get out of bed.
- If you can record your voice saying the Affirmations or once again look at some Affirmation CD’s for your car than the subliminal affirmations will also be a great motivator on the way to work.
- The best results are when you say Affirmation in the mirror. If you are alone in the bathroom look yourself straight in the eye and rattle one off.
- When I am at work I have some Business Affirmations bookmarked on the Internet and sometimes quickly click over them for a boost.
- I also have some of my favourite Affirmations jotted down on sticky notes at my desk.
- Say your Affirmation with gut and feeling.
In summary affirmations do work when you repeat them, say them with feeling, be persistent, use your emotions and for an easy win start with the affirmations that resonate with yourself first.
On a side note perhaps supervise your children with the Louise Hay’s Affirmation cards as mine were unceremoniously dunked in a bucket of water over the weekend. Although the hot Queensland day soon dried them out my cards are now very lived and well read.
How do Affirmations work for you?