I have been doing this parenting twins gig just shy of 3 years. I can’t believe my babies are now closing toddler-hood and now definitely little girls. As I sit here sharing a babycino and planning a fairy garden 3rd birthday party with my two favourite little people, life ain’t that bad.
- We have resolved sleeping issues (it you don’t include being sick, crawling into mummy and daddy beds, and the giggling hysterics at night time where every night is a slumber party)
- We have transitioned into Big-Kid Beds although our beds are rarely made for long, as beds are now cubby houses and blankets get strewn on the floor.
- Toilet training is possible as we congratulate each other of every successful attempt and have finally taken trips out of the house with no nappies with success.
- Communication is high as is language development and imagination and creativity.
- Kind and defective discipline is important. The girls do fight over toys, they pull each others’ hair and an occasional push has them separated for a short period of time. I am probably a bit slack to their demands to quieten whinging but they can be the most adorable two little girls it is hard to say no.
- I probably need to do more positive one-on-one time. I hardly notice how important this is until one child is sick and one is in daycare and I spend the day with one child to recognise how lovely it is.
I can’t imagine my life without not parenting twins.