This year I have decided to be a conscious writer and speaker. While starting some study into conversational hypnosis and embedded word commands I have decided to start with banning the following words in my vocabulary right Now. The most common words authors say to ban from your vocabulary are: But, Should, Don’t, Never and Have To. These words can be dis-empowering and secretly discouraging to the unconscious mind so good-bye they are to my emails and speech. Some of these words are not necessary wrong but what they do is they stop you from taking action. They fool us into thinking that we have no power or choice. However I am carrying another 3 words I plan to ban as well. I thought about what words I use on a regular basis and why it may also serve to drop them. Do you recognize these additional 3?
No 1 is Try
In the past I might have said I would try my best to do something. The intention being I was unsure of the how or not confident of my success so I would say or write in an email that I would TRY. I would try to save money. I would try to lose weight. I would try to build a business online. But as I discuss the TRY phenomenon we all use I have now been taught that there is NO TRY.
“Do or Do not. There is no try.”
Actually while Googling for this article I found it was a Yoda quote. LOL I had no idea. Don’t you love Google?
My favourite two analogies are please try and pick up that pen. You either pick it up or you don’t. Or another favourite one. A tree does not try to grow. It either grows or doesn’t.
Are you a growing tree? I am. Learning, stretching and reaching for the stars while bedding roots to secure me. So goodbye try that word no longer exists.
Another one I am eliminating in my writing is Hope.
Hope is like Try but has a feeling of helplessness. I hope for something better that will never come along. Hope gets me excited about things, makes me think that maybe things can be different, that something new that will change things for me is right around the corner. But it never is. I refer to hope in an email or speaking when I am hoping someone will do something I have no control over. No more Hope for me. It is a loss leader word and I am sure more empowering words of belief and and will, will replace it.
I get asked how I am or even more prophetic how has your last X years been and I usually reply, “Busy.” Sure we are all Busy. Busy to sum up my life has now been banned because all I am doing it attracting more busy in my life. Be gone! Instead my intention is for a cleaner, focused, streamlined life. I intend to remove the busy of activities and sum up my life. Cut out the stuff which is just stuff.
Talk to any personal development expert and you’ll hear that the words you use have the power to change your life — whether you’re talking to other people or to yourself. Exchange words that sound negative and carry low energy (never, nobody, bad, guilt) for positive, uplifting ones (can, good, will, love), and you’re well on your way to a happier life. Now, it’s fairly easy to recognize how using undeniably negative terms can cut into your happiness bucket. But what about the more subtle words, the ones that sneak in and sabotage you in ways you may not know? Do you have words you want to take control of which will impact your thoughts, actions and life?
Reply in your comments below and I would love to share them.
Training to be an athlete is not just about the physical and technical rigor. Although there is considerable skills required to exceed peak performance, research says sport is actually 80-90% a mental exercise. But where do you go for peak performance mental training? More and more athletes are being referred to sports hypnosis hence let us introduce the Athletes Secret Weapon Online Program. Athletes Secret Weapon was coined after a certain Olympian finding her edge in performance using this sports hypnotherapy program. With the leverage of online delivery the 8-week program will be the same tools, processes and information the World Champions use. Plus You have Australia’s #1 for Sports Hypnosis to guide you on this journey.
How Peak Performance hypnosis works
It might be you want to enhance your personal athletic performance or are training for the Olympics, hypnosis is a mighty tool for your winning edge. Hypnosis can let go any mental blocks, fears or limiting beliefs you may have that are keeping you from athletic peak performance. Hypnosis also increases your own self-confidence in yourself and your skills, assisting you to focus on a successful outcome, instead of fearing a poor performance. Hypnosis can also support an athlete acquire the intense focus required to be at the top in his sport. Hypnosis can help an athlete overcome performance anxiety or pre-game jitters which can make the difference between winning a gold medal and coming in 5th place.
Techniques used in sports hypnosis for peak performance
Imagery or visualisation are effective self-hypnosis techniques. An example is a gymnast visualising every movement of her routine over and over or a golfer visualising every swing. These techniques help you quiet your mind, release stress and become 100% focused on the game. The power of hypnosis can help you conquer your mind and achieve amazing levels of success.
The Athlete’s Secret Weapon Online Program
The Athletes Secret Weapon online program is your training for the mind. What you will receive is…
- 8 week structured program
- The same tools, processes and information World Champions use!
- Every process, worksheet and MP3 audios are downloadable for ongoing success.
The total cost is $659 + 10% GST Athlete’s Secret Weapon is an Online program only. But what about if you are not not a professional athlete or not training for the Olympics. Will this program help me too? YES!
Hypnosis can help you attain higher levels of performance in whatever sport you play. The benefits of an online hypnosis program means you can refer to the online program at any time without appointments and regular visits to the hypnotherapist. You can learn various self-hypnosis techniques to create positive expectation in your choses sport. You may find your performance improving much more than you thought possible!
Start now to access the Athletes Secret Weapon Online program
I have recently had the opportunity to be on the Founding Team of a company called Global Mind Mastery. However as part of bringing a new team together on a new venture we were each asked to list the 100 things we want to achieve in our lifetime. Initially the list was relatively easy. Its a personal thing to write down some of your aspirations and dreams but as I got to about 30 it became a challenge. After talking to quite a few other people who complete their list of 100 things it appears there is transitional process people go through. You see the first part of your list is easy as it hits mostly materialistic items of desire like the dream home and great car. Then it might transition to love, marriage, kids and health. Most people then focus on travel and start listing all their desirable destinations around the world. But then most people stop. They never finish their list. It took me weeks to write and re-write this list and its not perfect. But the transition I saw was once you have all you desire you start to think about what you can give back to the world.
I have learned that wanting to be abundant is a great thing because you can give back and help more people. Successful entrepreneurs come to mind and then of all their charities and philanthropic activities. When you write the list yourself I would hope you too would impart on the world to be a better place. Send me your link to your 100Things in the comments below. For now welcome to mine.
- 5 bedroom, 3 bath, 1 study home on a semi-acreage property. It has a pool, spa and a meditation retreat and view. 1,000,000 Value.
- The land is also large enough for hobby cows, chickens and a dog.
- Own a 12 X 12 auto workshop with Hoist for Nathan to pursue his auto mechanic passion
- Earn a min $30,000 + a month residual income
- A beach wedding . Twin daughters as flower girls
- Honeymoon in Cook Islands – Moana sands Hotel
- Multi-million dollar property portfolio
- Family holiday to France and Spain for 2 months
- Inspire and present to a crowd of 6000 people
- Have baby no 3 (1 boy)
- Grow a beautiful garden and a large sustainable vegetable garden
- Buy a building apartment block as part of investment portfolio
- Weekly meditations and fortnightly facials
- Motorhome road trip around New Zealand
- Breast enhancements
- Hire a Boxing personal trainer and box competitively
- Join a weekly art class
- Present my art work at my own art exhibit/show
- Learn to speak and read Spanish
- Move to Europe to live for a few years
- Go on an annual meditation and detox retreat
- Learn Burlesque and dance on stage at a show
- Learn Swing dancing
- Buy a new digital SLR camera and learn how to take professional photos
- Take the family and parents on an Australian outback adventure through the Kimberley’s and Broome
- Write a book
- Have a weekly radio program on entrepreneurship and mindset
- Trek the Grand Canyon
- Holiday in the Greek Islands of good food and culture
- Trek Mt Kilimanjaro
- Have baby no 4
- Swim with the dolphins
- Hire a tutor and re-learn the piano and practise daily
- Learn to play classical timeless piano pieces
- Give $15K each to family and friends
- Wear a pair of diamond earrings and diamond necklace
- Own a luxury Tag watch bought in Switzerland
- Learn to ride a bicycle
- Take the kids on a bike riding holiday to the Eiffel tower in France and Copenhagen
- Have a White Christmas in Europe
- Send my kids to Private high school
- Teach my kids financial independence
- Learn to Ski
- Own a BMW XG Silver
- Buy a Jet boat for Nathan
- Visit my World vision sponsored child in Bolivia and support the community in a project
- Donate to Kids Help Line
- Donate to Domestic Violence support networks
- Learn cake decorating and create awesome birthday cakes every year
- Meet Dave Sharpe and Dave Wood
- Earn $1M with Empower Network and be in the Million dollar club
- Go on an Ancient History study tour with the family through Italy, Greece, Turkey and Egypt
- Grow roses and have my own rose garden
- Complete a business/entrepreneurship Graduate Certificate at the Harvard Business School
- Visit silicon valley and meet some of the top technology/online business entrepreneurs
- Learn and implement sales and conversation hypnosis and NLP
- Go on an overseas Art tour and painting workshop with my mum
- Manage my own million dollar online internet business
- Be an authority for the latest Technological innovation trends and own the latest tools
- Go parasailing
- Support the World Scouting Association through grants in youth entrepreneurship and commercialisation
- Star in a Movie
- Hire a personal virtual assistant
- Win the Telstra Business Women’s Award
- Have laser eye surgery to fix short-sightedness
- Build a retirement home where residents can bring a pet
- Go on a shopping spree to New York, London and Paris
- Hire a personal shopper
- Hire a housekeeper
- Sponsor an orphanage and education programs for young women
- Fund and manage an annual grant for medical research in Australia
- Support medical research into dementia
- Be in the inner circle of entrepreneurs and millionaires
- Take the family on a 4 week holiday to Hawaii
- Live in Auckland New Zealand for a few years so the family can be part of the Maori culture
- Visit Denmark and meet Princess Mary and Prince Fredrick and their kids
- Own a holiday home in NSW on the country coast
- Get to and maintain a size 10 figure
- Hike to the South Pole
- Decorate my home with original art work from international artists
- Member of the Order of Australia
- Write a series of children’s books and illustrated with my mother
- Receive an Honorary degree PhD and give a Graduation Speech
- Have one day “off work” just for me
- Dye my hair pink
- Host regular family dinners for friends and family
- Have a personal chef on call
- Fly first class to London and New York
- Create 5 award winning and blockbuster mobile Apps
- Visit Claude Monet’s House and Gardens in France
- Take the family on an Alaska Cruise Vacation
- Have an annual family photo taken every year at Christmas
- Have a fortnightly date night with my husband (no kids)
- Have one weekend away with each of my children every year (one-on-one)
- Celebrate 50 years of happy marriage
- Perform in a dramatic play at the theatre
- Travel to Broome and the Australia Kimberley’s both luxury camping, helicopter and pearl farming
- Build a Family trust fund for education expenses for my grandchildren and great-grandchildren
- Support funding into aged care services and maintenance of facilities
- Die peacefully in my sleep at age 100 and have a wonderful funeral celebration
A few months ago I was introduced to The Dear Diary Process. As an avid reader and collector of law of attraction books since Rhonda Byrnes, The Secret was launched, I was eager to see what made this one so different. As a kid I had written in diaries outlining everything had happened during the day and on the occasional times where I flip through those old diaries the script bemoans frustrations of school, friends, boredom, and sibling arguments. As I approached high –school my journaling was replaced by yearly day calendars to keep appointments, write down goals and record appointments. So when I read the Dear Diary Process it introduced me to a whole new way of writing in a diary. If I could describe it as a combination of writing as if the following day had already finished setting your intention in advance by visualising each goal and appointment.
“Why write about what you did, it is now history? Why remind yourself of it, especially if it was bad?”
That is probably why all my childhood journal entries are consistently lethargic. I wonder how well I could have achieved at school and friends if I had written each night for the next day?
So the Dear Diary Process book introduces you to a new way of thinking giving you the tools to do it. The method is not onerous and once you get the hang of the wording, intent and structure it starts to become fun. Fun as when you see your days unfold exactly as you intended the night before.
What I enjoy about the process is the habit of doing it every night as the last thing you do before going to bed and then you have the option to quickly read it when you wake up but then it is advised not to read it again. Already since I have started doing the Dear Diary Process I have recognised some changes. For instance my meetings have had more positive outcomes, opportunities have opened up, financially I have had some great wins in my business and my relationships have improved. Whatever you want in your life you can have just by the simple nightly activity of writing in your Dear Diary book. So grab your copy (ebook or soft copy available) and then send me your testimonial click here. Books available for order on the Global Mind Mastery product website.
About the Dear Diary Process Author:
Stuart Walter is a Brisbane-based sports psychologist who works with elite athletes to maximise their potential and improve their performance in competitive situations. Drawing on his work with champion athletes, Stuart has developed a simple, powerful and effective process for anyone seeking to maximise their potential in their everyday life. This book is both an instructional manual on the Dear Diary Process and a daily journal for five months of entries to “turn the page to a new you”.
To order the Dear Diary eBook or Soft Cover Click Here
I was asked recently what are you afraid of? I have been doing lots of personal development this past year and part of the process was identifying with your fears and taking responsibility to overcome them. What am I afraid of? Well I used to have a lot of fears that started from my teenage years.
For a very long time I was afraid of writing, driving and picking up the telephone. Thank goodness I have learnt to mostly to overcome these but its funny how some behavour still lingers.
Fear of Writing
A blogger fear of writing! How funny but when I think of writing I remember so many returned essays at school and in Honours with red marks scribbled over it. I have no idea what happened to the confident 13 year who loved English, writing short stories and poetry who passed with High Distinctions could cower in class 5 years later hiding behind C’s and D’s. It was not so much a failure in spelling but grammer and expression. Thank goodness with blogging I have the freedom without the critique! My failure to write only compounded 4 years later at uni when my supervisor would also return my papers heavily marked with changes and request for re-write that I convinced myself my writing was so appalling everyone was talking about me behind my back. By the time I enrolled in my Masters degree where assignments were a regular occurrence I was paralyzed to start. I paid friends to review my drafts and even found a uni counselor to tutor me. Now many years I am starting to think my writing wasn’t so bad. My grades once again were distinctions.What remains sometimes is the paralyses.
Fear of Driving
When I was 16 I started the milestone of getting my car license. Peer pressure told me to learn a manual license and in absence of family who would teach me to drive I sat for hours with an instructor driving around the suburbs. For one reason or another I racked up 5 failed driving tests. I was on a roll. Each test I would remember the failure of the time before which almost certainly set me up for failure the next time. There was doing a hill start when the lights go green and giving way to the right at the same time fail. Which technically was a tough one to the silly fail of turning right when I didn’t see the No Right turn sign until after half way through the turn. During one early test I had bought myself a box of chocolates to give the instructor to my impending pass only to be curling up in bed eating the box myself. When finally I got awarded the yellow laminated license card I didn’t drive a car again for another 2 years. There were plenty of excuses like, “I have a boyfriend who drives me,” “I don’t have a car” or “I just use public transport.” But when I did finally drive again I had to go back to a lesson or two just to work on that confidence.
Fear of picking up the Phone
Lastly I had a fear of picking up the phone at work. I remember distinctly hiding in the aisles at the Toy Shop where I worked at 14 years old refusing to pick up the phone when it rang. I used to rationalize that I was afraid I could not answer a question. It was a Toy Shop dammit! If I had to call someone I did not know I would write out a script in front me. Even to the point of writing, “Hi my name is Lisa….” When I started my first “real” full time job it was for a start-up company with 3 offices right next to each other. The boss still used the phone intercom system but I could not tell if the ring was an internal ring or external. If I had to make a business phone call I would time it so when my colleague was not in earshot. Likewise when I did a short stint in recruitment in an open plan office it was excruciating as I was afraid people would laugh if they heard me on the phone. I have no idea! where that fear came from. Now that fear only appears if I have to make a cold call. Thank goodness for online businesses I am no longer pressured to do that. I would hate the Tupperware nights where you had to cold call your list when just extended that fear.
All these fears can be overcome. One book I recommend is “Feel the Fear and NO IT Anyway!” Or try hypnosis. With hypnosis, you can program the right thoughts into your mind and eliminate negative beliefs. This doesn’t work for everyone, but it might for you.
So what are your teenage fears that you still carry? I welcome your questions below.
Everyone wants to make money like now. Like yesterday. So when you are in this business this questions may come up as they they want a ball-park idea of when is it going to work. Some people don’t like my answer and usually I never hear from them again. Or if they decide to dip their toe they usually quit in the first month. So how long will it take to make money online in Internet Marketing? Watch my video below.
Yep. Its really up to you. I was listening to the Think and Grow Rich audios the other day about the sceptics who say they will “See it before, I believe it.” And Paul Hutchings reframed it to say they are almost true. But you need to say “You need to see it before you believe it to see it again.” What does that mean? It means you have to imagine it first and visualise it first, then believe it before it will materialise.
By using positive visualization as part of your every day life. Picture yourself achieving the goals you want. Picture your life as being better than it is today. Doing this regularly sets your mind on a course for positive results. Positive visualization is scientifically proven to work for most individuals.
If you want your dreams to become reality, make them your goals. Visualizing something makes it easier to break down the components that makeup the scene. If you’re able to dream it, you can make something like it happen. By motivating yourself by making your dreams into tangible goals, you’ll find yourself in a new place in life in no time.
One way to help yourself is by making your mind more open. An open mind allows you to fully experience the world in a way that you could not if you were more narrow or closed minded. Be curious. Ask questions and broaden your horizons. If you don’t try to find out about life outside your scope, you are really missing out and only looking at the world through a “bubble.”
So how long will it take to make money? Visualise it, believe it and then do it.
Have an awesome day!
Jump over to the Prosperity Team here for how we Reveal The “Secret Formula” That teaches us how to get over Debt, Traveling Around The World and Making a 6-Figure Income From My Computer
P.S. Tired of struggling to figure out how to make Facebook apps? Does the idea of creating those cute little tabs make your head want to explode? I was there too until I found this amazing little tool that you can use to create Facebook apps called 22 Social! Not only can you promote your products and companies you can also host Google Hangouts inside of Facebook. 22 Social will take your marketing efforts to a whole new level. Promote your event and hold it all on Facebook when you create your Facebook apps to host them. Try 22 Social for FREE here