The third quote in the Holstee Manifesto reads, “If you don’t like something change it.” It is a shorter version of the Mary Angelou quote “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.”
But what are the common things people don’t like about their lives?
- Their partner, marriage or relationship?
- Their career or lack thereof, job
- The people they hang around with
- Material things like your car, house, clothes
- The lack. The lack of money, friendships, children, love
Have you heard a friend, family or work colleague or listened to yourself bemoan and complain about all the things you don’t like about you life?
If life was simple you would listen to this quote and take action to change It. Only you are responsible to take action today to make the changes either in my mind or physically respond.
I use the analogy of watching the Television.
If you are watching a movie and don’t like it what type of person are you?
- You just sit and continue watching because a. you can’t be bothered to get up and change the channel (Laziness) or b. your partner is happy to watch it (either you are willing to compromise or its too hard to upset the other person)
- You do flick the channel but can’t stay with one program for long without swapping to the next channel (do you swap between jobs, relationship, life never committing to anything for long)
- Or do you plan the day or week around your favorite TV shows and don’t watch the stuff you don’t like in between.
- Or do you just record your favorite TV shows to watch at a time convenient to you.
I know life is not like TV BUT perhaps there are some reflections of your habits to real life.
I can’t tell you how to change your relationship, career, family situation, or car. The how to bit is up to. But this quote is important for you to pause. Discover where you are unhappy and bloody well do something about it. Every point of action, no matter how small is significant even if its only a small change in atititute towards the problem and a mindset to change it.
I take action ALL the Time and I know you can to.
Share my article, write a comment and tell me a story of when you took action to change you life.